Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Exhaustion

Is it just me or is this process exhausting? I have been tired for the past 6 months! Seriously! Work has been so hectic and I have spent every waking moment researching scholarships and housing in D.C. The good news is that I think I found a place to live. A girl who has a 2 bed 1 bath apartment in Georgetown/Glover park area, according to Google maps, it is 1.9 miles from the Car Barn which is where classes for Georgetown's MBA are held. Grocery stores are within walking distance and the most important part, she's a dog lover! She has a dog as well and there's a dog park in the apartment complex too. I was pretty relieved to talk to her and she sounded like a normal laid back professional. I just hope it works out. I'm still waiting on pictures of the apartment. I have a good feeling about it though so I'm staying positive.

Georgetown has already sent the first mandatory assignment. I have to attend a career planning event in San Francisco mid June. I'm excited to meet some of my G-Town classmates at the event! It should be interesting. Also they have all the info for those Pre-MBA camps. I can't decide if I am even gong to bother applying. I just have so little time between now and the start of classes I can't imagine having to apply to anything again, then fly out and spend a couple days and $$ I am trying to save for tuition. I just don't think I have it in me. We'll see if I get motivated...right now it's not looking like it.

In other news, I'm still in the process of selling my house. Contingencies are being removed tomorrow and then I have to give my tenants their 30 day notice to vacate the property. Things can still go wrong between now and the close of escrow but at least once they remove contingencies if something goes wrong I get to keep their deposit $$. As sad as I am to sell my triplex, I do hope everything goes as planned.

I had a BBQ on Monday and had a bunch of friends over. I'm having all my family over this coming Sunday for a BBQ. Then it's time to pack up. I'm exhausted just thinking about that...Maybe I'm getting old? Maybe I need to get some sleep. It's 8:45pm and I think I'm going to go to bed...Good night bloggers!

2 comments:

SAC said...

Glover Park is a great little place to live. It is just north of Georgetown, about a 15-20 min walk or 5 min bike ride to the car barn. There are also buses of course.

I'll be going to Gtown in the Fall too and will be living in an apt in Glover Park.

Let me know if you have any questions about the area!

fromcali said...

Most people really enjoyed the camps - it's a great way to network with companies and to sort of "feel out" if you are interested in whatever career that is without the added stress of classes. Though I do understand not wanting to spend more money before being unemployed