Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sold!

There was an offer made and an offer accepted. Lots can go wrong between now and the close of escrow though so I'm not counting on anything until I have the money in my bank account! It's an exciting and sad time. Excited that my house sold so quickly, sad that my house sold so quickly. Excited to move to D.C., sad to leave California. Excited to meet all my new classmates, sad to leave all my friends and family. It's a lot of up and down these days.

Georgetown has done a fantastic job since I've been admitted and has had several current and graduating students contact me to answer questions and congratulate me. It's been very nice. Searching for housing hasn't been as nice. It's so hard to look on craigslist without being familiar with neighborhoods. I'm going to give myself until June just browsing rental listings and then I'll start the serious search.

Meanwhile my calendar is filling up quickly. I have every weekend booked between now and August 1st! It's insane. I have to learn to be more productive during the week since my weekends are taken up with social events. I still have to pack my house up, decide if I'm going to store or sell my furniture...or ship it all out to my apartment in D.C.? But will I be sharing an already furnished home or will I be furnishing my own studio apartment? Decisions decisions...I have to focus on one thing at a time. Right now I'm focusing on packing up my house and spending time with the BF, friends and familia...

3 comments:

rungee582 said...

Hey -- I know quite a few neighborhoods in the area, having grown up around DC. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. While I don't know DC neighborhoods quite as well as I know the ones in Virginia, I know people who live in those places and I can ask them!

Anonymous said...

hit me up, lilmace at hotmail.com ... I am in DC

Im a fellow gt admit but will probably not be attending...

rungee582 said...

Rosslyn would be a great place and I imagine a lot of people from school will be located there... it's just across the bridge from Georgetown. Walking distance to nightlife and it's fairly safe (despite obvious stuff you get from being in a city). I don't know much about Palisades... I always thought of it more as an actual neighborhood (i.e., more houses, less apt. complexes)... that could be why no one has really recommended it. Nothing wrong w/ it, as far as I know, but I also don't know anyone who lives there. If I come across any dog-friendly people renting in Rosslyn, I'll let you know!