Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today reminds me of the birthday I had right before I left for Chile. I think it's going to be one of those good birthdays :-). I have a plan for the future, I'm excited to be leaving and I have probably the cutest bf ever. He was outside my door this morning with flowers, breakfast (including my coffee which he hates!) and chocolate cake with birthday candles lit. It was quite cute. Tonight a bunch of friends are taking me to a cute little Thai restaurant and then we'll go for drinks afterwards. I said I didn't want to do anything for my birthday but one of my girlfriends refused to let it go since I won't be here for my next couple of birthdays. So dinner and drinks it is!

I have joined the Georgetown MBA admit Google group. There seems to be some pretty interesting people in my class. I'm so excited to meet all of them. And, there seems to be a few people with dogs so hopefully we can trade off with dog sitting when out of town, etc. OK, I realize I sound obsessed with my dog, but look at him in that picture, isn't he the cutest thing ever!? And sadly, I am a bad owner and he is totally dependent on me and has anxiety when I'm not around and in a new place. He still doesn't even like to stay over at my boyfriend's house yet. So I'm pretty worried. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

Speaking of the bf, he finally asked the inevitable question that I so wanted to avoid until August. I am not all that great at communicating especially when it comes to relationship talk or any kind of emotion. And he, well...let's just say the boy can talk! Anyway, he asked me what is going to happen with us when I leave. I sugarcoated my response and he was a little more blunt about it. I said I didn't think we were at a point in our relationship where I felt comfortable with him coming to D.C. with me and that I don't know how I feel about long distance relationships. But I also said that we have 2 or 3 months to go before I leave so why did we have to decide right now? Who knows what 2 or 3 months will bring? When I asked what he thought he basically said the same thing but not so nice a way...I think maybe he was a little offended at what I had said? Who knows? But I am just going to enjoy the next few months with him and then deal with it when the time comes. That may not be the healthiest way to deal but it's my way.

15 comments:

rungee582 said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Mocha said...

mba_salsera it's your birthday
Happy Birthday, mba_salsera~

asiangal said...

Happy Birthday! =)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday.

kpmg said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope things work out with your bf.

Enjoy the next 2-3 months. :)

fromcali said...

happy birthday!

Amit Aneja said...

Happy Birthday

MBAstarter said...

Happy Birthday :)

HairTwirler said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

ipoel said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! :)

FSM said...

Congrats on your admit!! And happy B'day too!

Unfortunately I'm still waitlisted at Darden. I really want to go to Darden this year, but I want this uncertainty to end one way or the other. If I am still waitlisted by this month end, I think I'll assume that I have been rejected.

and BTW I'm currently living 8000 miles (and 30 hours travel time) away from my girlfriend, so california seems next door to DC to me ;~)

Anonymous said...

Congrats and happy birthday :) time will tell, meanwhile just enjoy ;P

Bubbly said...

hi have you read?

u may find interesting about mba

http://zanat0s.typepad.com

the being said...

wish u a belated happy birthday! hope things work out with the BF.

Katrina said...

a late Happy Bday~ your bday is only 7 days from mine:P