Monday, May 07, 2007

So many questions!???

My weekend was full of margaritas and celebrating! I was bombarded with questions from family and friends after telling them all the good news. I couldn't answer a single question. So now I anxiously wait for the admittance packet that should be coming in the mail any day now. (Funny how I thought the anxiety would be gone once I got an admit, silly me!) I don't even know when I start classes!? When should I move out there? How will I find housing with my 85 pound dog!? Will I have to buy my dog sweaters and booties?! He is a very spoiled dog! He does not do well in the cold! Do I move with furniture, dishes, my bed, etc? Or do I put it all in storage until I come back to California? Will I really come back to California? What if I like it out there? So many unknowns still! But at least these unknowns are fun to talk about! I'm still so excited...and I have the awkward limp and bruised knee to show it ;-)

Thank you everyone for all those comments on my last post. I felt very special :-P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But hey, think about it -- these happen to be questions you wouldn't have to ask if G-town didn't come knocking. So, they ain't so bad. ;)

Kimmy said...

classes start on august 27 :)

StressTensor said...

Hi there!

CONGRATS!!! I missed ur blog for the last few weeks and I am glad that it all worked out well for you.

Now, I am in the Triangle area of North Carolina (4-5 hours from DC) and yes, we do have a great dance scene here (Duke/UNC/NC State/lots of young ppl).

I can motivate myself to get up to DC should you find something. Though I am also interested in scoping out Georgetown as a possible B-School target. You shall of course be my offical source of all news Georgetown ;)

I may have an update from my side soon. Lets see ...

StressTensor said...

If you manage to like DC in January/Feb, then you should stay in DC for life :)

HairTwirler said...

Hey there future classmate. I think I spotted a comment from you in the google group so I hope many of your questions will be answered. The first mandatory thing is orientation which starts on August 15th. There are several people floating around the google group with dogs so maybe they have figured out something by now or at least can commiserate!