Thursday, January 04, 2007

UCLA Submitted

I just submitted UCLA. Talk about last minute. I am awful at that! I just have such a hard time writing about myself intelligibly. I was at a friends house late last night while his mother helped me edit my essay to make it sound better. I absolutely hated writing about my family. I am not the greatest communicator when it comes to my personal life. At work I am great, I can make very clear my intentions and thoughts in the office but when it comes to any personal emotion or feeling I freeze up. Believe, this has been an issue with all of my boyfriends in the past. Anyway, it's done. Out of my hands now.

Yale released some decisions before X-Mas and has just said they will release more decisions this week. Wouldn't it be awesome to just get that phone call today. I am already imagining jumping up and down in my office just being happy to have the anxiety over with! Previously I thought I'd be a shoe in at Yale, but I'm not so confident anymore. They're applicant pool has doubled in size. At this point, I'll just be happy to be admitted anywhere. I just really want to know what I'll be doing with my life for the next two years, where I'll be, how I'll manage. I hate this uneasiness of not knowing. I am positive I am not the only one. Can we all just throw ourselves a little pity party (those of us who have not been lucky enough to hear word on our fates yet)?!

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all had an awesome time bringing in 2007!

5 comments:

JatWarrior said...

Good luck for UCLA. I totally understand the frustration of waiting, but hang in there. When it comes, it will be sweeeeet.

I am also waiting to hear from Yale. When did you interview?

ipoel said...

I can totally relate to your feeling :) Good luck and just remember there are lots of others feeling the same way :) you're not alone

asiangal said...

Best of luck with UCLA and Happy New Year! =)

Inblue said...

pity party !! LOL.

Its gonna be fine Applying =Anxiety Attacks. Chill! I know it happens, but its all gonna be good. All the best !

FSM said...

All the best! How many schools are still evaluating your apps? Did you already get any dings / waitlists? I submitted my Darden app 4 days ago .. i guess i will get my anxiety attacks in a couple of weeks :-)