Thursday, January 18, 2007

Officially Denied

So this process thus far has been quite a blow to my ego. I am a little arrogant I suppose. But up until now I don't think I've ever been denied something I've wanted? Looking back part of me thinks some of this was a little self destructive. Knowing how competitive Stanford and some of the other schools are, I may have purposely done a pretty crappy job on my applications thinking that I would then have a reason for being denied? I could blame it on my lack of effort throughout the process. I don't know. Anyway, I knew long ago that Stanford was a long shot regardless if I put in my best or worst effort. Just seems such a waste of money to be denied. C'est la vie.

In other news I leave tonight on the red eye to Washington D.C. for the event at Georgetown's B-school tomorrow. I hope I like it. My friend has made a list of tourist attractions that we will be seeing while we're there. I'm most excited about the White House and the Capital Building. Policy in motion! And I get to see it! I am a geek deep down inside.

I was surprised to see how many marathoners there are applying to business school! That's exciting! Hopefully I'll end up at a school with a few so I'll have some training partners! What's even more amazing is that I'm not even sore anymore. Seriously I was a little stiff for about 2 days and that's it! Which of course leads me to believe that I definitley did not run as hard and as fast as I could have. There's always Marathon #4!

Good luck to all those admits and all those still waiting and still applying!

2 comments:

StressTensor said...

No official email yet but I saw the notification on the applyyourself site when I logged in. Since they did not ask for an interview, I knew what was coming. Since, MIT has not called for an interview yet, I am preparing for disappointment there too. I felt most comfortable there. The only other school I applied to is Columbia (RD).

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were denied at Stanford. I know it was high on your list. However, I'm sure that you will end up at a great business school and will be successful at whatever you do. Best of luck in the future.