Monday, January 15, 2007

Marathon #3

So in the midst of my application stress I decided I wanted to run another marathon. Eventually I plan on qualifying for the Boston marathon but I didn't train hard enough this time around for that. In fact I really didn't train much at all. But luckily it was a flat course and I've been feeling pretty good lately. I beat my last time by 15 minutes. So if I keep that up for my next marathon, which I think will be in San Diego, CA in June, then I should have no problem qualifying for Boston. But for now I have the pain of my knees, hips, and joints to keep my mind off the fact that Yale rejected me and Stanford is bound to do the same any day now. But how many of their b-school students can say they have run 26.2 miles on three different occassions! Damn, I thought maybe that would make me feel better, but alas it did nothing...sigh.

I am going to Washington DC to the Georgetown event to recruit women into their business school. I've never been to DC so I thought this would be a great excuse to go. I'm headed out on the red eye Thursday night and Friday will spend all day at Georgetown. Then Saturday and Sunday my friend, who is coming with me, and I will tour all the sites we possibly can squeeze in to 48 hours! I'm looking forward to it! And please let me like Georgetown because at this point, I fear it may be my only possible acceptance...

6 comments:

rungee582 said...

Well I am impressed by the three marathons, if that means anything. ;) I hope you have a wonderful time while you're here in DC. I have a friend who graduated from Georgetown's Business School a few years ago... please let me know if you have any interest in talking to her (it sounds like you'll have lots of opportunities to get your questions answered at the event though!)

Anonymous said...

That's an impressive number of marathons! I got dinged from Yale after an interview, so I've got to put in an additional application.

I'm thinking of applying to Georgetown too, and I'll be eagerly awaiting your update.

asiangal said...

Three marathons is a lot! I have my sights set on the New York City Marathon in November ... even though I have no idea if I'll even be going to b-school this year and where. =)

Rico's Mom said...

So many marathoners! Impressive! Thanks all for the condolences regarding Yale and the upcoming,inevitable Stanford denial email.

I just ran the Rock N Roll Phoenix, AZ marathon. I have my sites set on the Rock N Roll San Diego marathon in June in order to qualify for Boston. Although, I haven't been so impressed with the Rock 'n Roll marathons thus far (I've run a few of their halfers). This past marathon they didn't have Clif Shots until Mile 19! At that point, how helpful are those simple carbs really?! Lame! If they had something at the half way mark I could have cut another 2-3 minutes off of my time!

Back tothe b-school front, I am looking forward to DC. Georghetown may not be the top school but it had a great MPP and I do want to do a dual degree program. I have my fingers crossed...

Thanks everyone for your comments!

FSM said...

I cannot understand why people torture themselves running for insane distances??? just kidding! i'm totally envious of your marathon abilities :-)

Ro said...

i'm planning to run my first marathon in Chicago in October. Just started training since I've never run a long distance thing before. Was advised that Chicago was much easier for a first timer than the Boston marathon and heartbreak hill. also, if i join ND, Chicago is just an hour away. Good to know so many MBAs are interested in running. Maybe we can all form a Marathon team, like "MBAs who want to make a difference" or something.