Thursday, June 01, 2006

Miss Domestic!

I can't believe I just cooked...well prepared dinner for 4 people. I have finally started working on my patio. I bought some planter boxes some plants did some much needed gardening. And I just bought a new patio furniture set and decided I must put it to use. I was feeling ambitious and thought I'd try to cook for my friends. Now let me make this clear...I can barely tell the difference between my stove and my oven. Until today my refrigerator had some ketchup, some peanut butter and some corn tortillas (why must corn tortillas come in packs of like 500? seriously!)I DO NOT cook. But today I broke the mold! So now I am awaiting the arrival of a few friends, my patio table is set, my kitchen is clean and the food is waiting to be cooked. I am so impressed with myself and since nobody is here yet to pat me on the back, I must do it myself. I wonder if I could use this experience in my essays? Oh if Adcom only knew what an accomplishment it was for me to be cooking!

Meanwhile my baby, my child, my dog, is begging me to play catch with him and so I will!

Cheers!

No comments: