Thursday, April 05, 2007

Remaining calm is key

Timing is everything. Why would my stupid tenant who has lived nicely in one of my rental units for nearly 4 years all of the sudden now, decide to turn into the wicked witch of the west?? Now, when I am so busy at work and every spare moment I have, I am trying to prepare to retake my GMAT and/or write a new one page goals essay to get off the damn G-Town waitlist? Why now?? Does she want to make me have a nervous breakdown? I have done nothing but be the ideal landlord. The second she tells me there is a problem, I fix it. I have NEVER, seriously, NEVER raised the rent on her in nearly 4 years! And now this stupid witch is giving me an ultimatum? I want to poke her eyes out. I am selling. The hassle isn't worth it anymore. I am just praying that it sells quickly and thanking my lucky stars that my very best friend is the greatest realtor ever and will take care of every last detail for me so I can focus on my waitlist status. Plus he's doing it for free ;-)

But I digress, this is a blog about an MBA. Let's discuss how I am preparing to retake the GMAT. Last night I took the official practice exam and scored over a 700. This is without studying or doing anything regarding the GMAT since November. So I think as long as I remain calm and confident and spend a little more time practicing I should do just fine. What I find slightly annoying about all of this is that if I would have just dealt with the GMAT earlier I probably wouldn't be dealing with a waitlist right. I'd most likely be choosing between a few schools instead of trying to get off the waitlist of one. C'est la vie. It' s my own fault, I have no one to blame but myself.

Thank you everyone who has commented on my blog and been so supportive of my journey to B-school. It's so great knowing there are so many others out there going through the same thing I am! Congrats to all of those who were accepted already and luck to those who are still waiting!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope to see you at GT this fall....

asiangal said...

Life has a funny way of hitting us with a million things all at the same time ... just to see how we're going to take it, I think. Best of luck with the GMAT re-take and on the Georgetown waitlist! =)

Clear Admit said...

Hi mba_salsera! As you may have seen in our blog earlier today, your blog has been nominated for Clear Admit's annual Best of Blogging Awards. You can find more information about the contest and a complete list of the nominees at http://blog.clearadmit.com/2007/04/best-of-blogging-nominees-2007/.

Input from the nominees is a key part of establishing the final ranking, so we'd love to have you participate. If you're interested in voting, simply email us at bestofblogging@clearadmit.com to receive a ballot.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
the Clear Admit team

Anonymous said...

And there is other output?