Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back to waiting

The euphoria of my 7xx GMAT score has now come and gone. I'm back to the waiting. And of course doubting myself. Thinking I could have done even better on the GMAT. I received a higher score in the quantitative than I did in the verbal, as expected, but strangely my percentile in the Quant was a lot lower than my percentile in the verbal! I'm an engineer for goodness sake! How could that happen? I feel like my career change is kind of turning the analytical side of my brain to mush. I cant wait to take some quantitative courses. I love math. Anyway, the waiting now isn't as painful as it was pre-7xx GMAT but still...it'd be nice to know. I already received my official score report so I am sure G-Town has received it as well. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

In the meantime I'll be concentrating on getting back to marathon running shape and selling my house. I picked a bad time to sell my house. The market is not doing so great. Lucky for me I bought it in 2002 when the market was doing so great either. I'd really like to just keep my triplex and kick out my problem tenant but it gets complicated and it's so hard to know who will be a good tenant and who is going to be a pain in the a$$. Anyway, I'm in no rush so if I don't get an offer for a while, I'm alright with that.

Congrats to all of you BoB winners and runners up! Enjoy the subscriptions and the iPods if you were so fortunate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting still sucks, though. :)

FSM said...

Congrats on your GMAT score! What about the other universities - did you hear from them?

matt said...

Ross won't release decisions 'til mid-May from what I've gathered. I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna retake the GMAT -- especially if I'm leaving for the PC...I could just study for a few more months to get my score all stellarized.

Suser said...

congrats on your 7xx score!!! thanks for the comment about admit weekend--but i added an addendum--i worried that it seemed like i was bashing all my classmates! i just saw a lot of the typical bschool personalities there :)