Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ross has no idea what they are missing!

I received my ding from Ross last week. It was completely expected since I never received an interview. That was the first time through this entire process that I didn't even get butterflies in my stomach when I saw the email. I knew what it said. And frankly, I didn't really care all that much. I did like Ross a lot but I didn't turn in the best application and plus according to some folks on the devil's website, Round 2 alone had something like 2500 applications or some absurd number. With a half ass application there was no way I could stand out in that crowd. C'est la vie.

I still really want Georgetown. And I still wait...there is a reason for the continued waiting but I don't want to share here just in case the Adcom does read blogs. I think I'd give myself away. I'll just say there was some frustrating circumstances that were just brought to my attention recently. They have all been dealt with and I should receive a decision any day now. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

In other news I have been trying to prepare myself for dings across the board. And there is one very significant benefit to not being admitted right now. My very best friend and old roommate from Santiago is moving here for a year with his wife and baby in July! I am so excited for them to be in the same country! And they are definitely depending on me to help them adjust to life here. So if I don't move to DC for school I'll be here to take advantage of their year here. I can't wait to see them! I haven't seen them in over a year! So that is the only benefit and in fact a huge benefit, to being denied everywhere this year. But of course...I'd still MUCH prefer acceptance! Mis amigos entenderan!

8 comments:

rungee582 said...

Sorry to hear about Ross... best of luck with G-town!

HairTwirler said...

That stinks you had a frustrating experience re: Georgetown. Whatever it was, I understand. I had such a bad experience with Cambridge up until the end of the application process. When is the last day for gtown decisions to be released?

Rico's Mom said...

Thanks Rungee!

Hairtwirler- I'm not sure what the last day of the decisions is. I'm scared to know. According to B-Week forums some decisions were released today but I don't imagine mine will come today since the situation was just cleared up. I have my fingers crossed so tight I think I've developed arthritis!

the being said...

hard luck, huh? wish u the best with Georgetown.
I really don't think adcomm members read blogs you know, or even forums. they wud'nt have the time, and wat are the odds that they are able to match your application with the blog?

Anonymous said...

And I wait too .. let's twiddle our thumbs together :-)

FSM

FSM said...

I had the feeling that you were more interested in Georgetown anyway. All the best for G-town!

FSM said...

I have an excellent plan to get off the waitlist ... I'll lie back and wait :-)

Seriously, I don't plan to send any additional material. I'll call the adcom in a couple of weeks just to reiterate my interest in the program and check my status. Nothing more than that - I don't think being pushy helps in any way.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear back from Georgetown yet?