Thursday, March 08, 2007

Are you friggin' KIDDING me??!!!

So I get to work this morning and get the waitlist email I was sort of expecting from G-Town. Then I promptly went to the devil's website (b-week forum) and checked on the G-Town thread. There had been numerous posts since I last logged in. Some folks saying they had been dinged last week and received the waitlist email today and others who just received their acceptance packets in the mail said they just got the waitlist email?! And the last post I read said...

"Hey Everyone,WOW! So I just spoke to the Assistant Director and she said that a blanket email was sent to EVERYONE in their database. THIS IS A MISTAKE and do not take the email seriously. They are working on contacting everyone but of course that can take a while.Wow, I can still only say wow. I hope people don't freak out too much about this."
What the heck am I supposed to do now? Do I call them and ask? Do I wait for a follow up email that says "Oh just kidding, our bad, you've really been denied/accepted?" Really though, just what I needed more uncertainty and more waiting...
At least my aunt came out of surgery and the doctor was pleased with the result. My friend is a Physician's Assistant at the Stanford hospital so he checked up on her and gave us all the details the doctors tend to gloss over. He gave me the most details, the ones that my family probably couldn't take. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much information. Regardless, she is going to be fine and there is hope that she may be able to walk again! This is great news! So all in all...if G-Town is going to make me suffer through a little more anxiety and uncertainty...I suppose there are worse things that could happen.
UPDATE: Just got the follow up email from G-Town :
Due to a technical error in our Apply Yourself online application system, you may have erroneously received an e-mail waitlisting you for the program. This was an error, and we sincerely apologize. Your admission decision will be forthcoming shortly. We appreciate your understanding.

And we're back to square one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that would be pretty frustrating. Hang in there....

HairTwirler said...

Yeah I got the same email today. I got my decision email after 5 pm on the day they said they would have all the Round 1 decisions out. It was so frustrating b/c Gtown staggers the decisions!