Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Hallmark Day!

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day, with or without a significant other I think it's...for lack of a better word...LAME! But I am not the most romantic person, nor am I the most emotionally available person so any holiday that I am required to tell people how I "feel" or buy some mushy card saying the "L" word is a nightmare for me. That being said, I have totally indulged in the sweets that come along with the lame holiday. My theory is if I eat the enormous chocolate chip cookie in the break room piecemeal...then it won't count as an enormous cookie! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

No word from any schools yet. I'm done submitting though and I am considering sitting for the GMAT again next week for good measure. Since I cancelled my scores on my last exam I thought I could use the boost from my god awful scores from my original exam that I took unprepared a while ago. I think Michigan and Georgetown wills till consider the scores if I update them within the next two weeks. UCLA, I'm not so sure about...they claim you have to take the exam prior to Jan. 31st. Anyway, Saturday I'm going too do a quick practice exam, if I do well enough, significantly higher than my current pathetic scores I'm just gonna spend the $250 and be done with it. I don't expect to hear much from the schools until decisions come down since I already voluntarily interviewed with UCLA and Georgetown months ago. UMich I don't think will consider me unless I boost that GMAT score...whatever.


I am so over this B-school thing right now. I am sick of the uncertainty in my life. I just want to know already and be done. Then I can spend the next few months playing and roaming around Central America or something of the sort...

But for now, I spent last weekend in the central coast wine country, visited Hearst Castle, and got to see the elephant seals nursing their babies on the beach nearby...they were adorable! Did some wine tasting too. It was nice to be away and not have an application hanging over my head for once! This weekend I'm going to the SAP Open finals...hoping the good players make it to the finals! Life is starting to seem a little more normal...now if I could get out of my post-marathon slump and get started on my new training program, life would be really good!

Anyway, to those people that enjoy the commercial holiday, Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your b-school dreams come true!

3 comments:

asiangal said...

If you think you can improve your score by 40 points or so, go for a GMAT retake! =) It's a WHOLE lot of effort though with a drain on both your emotions and finances. Best of luck!

Rico's Mom said...

Thanks Asiangal! Good luck to you on your upcoming interview as well!

TxnSeeksMBA said...

I am sick of the uncertainty in my life. I just want to know already and be done.

Amen to every word of this! Good luck if you do retake the GMAT!