Friday, February 16, 2007

TGIF! (non-MBA)

The most exciting part of my day today was looking on the clear admit blog and finally seeing my blog mentioned! I have felt so neglected by those folks at clear admit! I've been doing the MBA blog thing for almost a year now and FINALLY they decide to mention me in the FFF post. Really, it's the little things in life that make me so happy ;-)

In other good news my job just got extended until June. This is such a relief for me! Technically it was supposed to end next Friday. I was having such issues trying to decide what to do since it would be hard for me to accept another job elsewhere knowing I'd (hopefully) be leaving in the fall to start b-school. June is perfect timing too. By then I'll know if/and where I'll be going to school so that I can spend the following two months doing a little traveling. Plus I can get my unit rented out and workout all the kinks with a new tenant while living temporarily with mommy ;-) And by then my two other units leases will be up so I can extend them for another two years or find new tenants while I'm gone so I won't have to worry about it while I'm away.

Or if the school thing doesn't work out at least I'll know by the end of March and I'll have time to make a concerted effort to find that ideal permanent job, or maybe even discuss taking on the position here permanently if that's possible. So many options...but at least now I know I'll be able to pay my mortgage for the next few months ;-) Life is good and it's Friday! Woohoo!

2 comments:

fromcali said...

Good luck with the apps! I too felt neglected by Clear Admit for a while...it took them a while to include me. I think it's a bias against californians. :)

Anonymous said...

Shootdang, if I knew people from ClearAdmit were actually reading my blog, I'd start writing even more snark. :)