Friday, August 25, 2006

Blog Crushes

So as I sit here and try really hard to focus on what matters most to me (thank you Stanford Adcom) I procrastinate. I read blogs. I read and read and read more blogs and blogs and blogs. And as I read these well written blogs about incredibly successful and bright people I realize I have some major blog crushes! There's something about well written introspection that is so attractive! I have great respect and admiration for the women bloggers out there as well...it's just not as fun daydreaming about them (such is life). Am I the only one that falls for these writers? Is it a little sad and possibly slightly pathetic? Good thing no one out there will know who I am :-)

Back to the essays I go. Tomorrow morning I am asserting myself as the official Regional Campaign Coordinator and trying to forge a coalition between our camp and another local progressive camp. I hope it goes well! I'm kind of liking this public speaking part of the job. I never knew it could be so fun with so much improvisation...engineering presentations weren't nearly as exciting. Good night all!

4 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

i guess this is kind of feeling is normal, but i am surprised why you think no one will know you ever. do you never plan to organise a bloggers meet, or something like that ?

regarding why the Clear Admit people arent mentioning your blog, I really cant say. maybe try writing a blog titled "CA - are you free Friday evening?"....maybe that might work ;))

have a good weekend.

Hobbes said...

he he he, blog crushes, eh? cute :D

Rico's Mom said...

fg- i may take your advice on Clear Admit! forget my no on prop 85 campaign...it's all about the notice ME dammit! campaign now :P and as for meeting other bloggers, i'm not sure about that? i like my anonymity on line? i'd have to seriously consider that one.

hobbes...cute is another adjective i suppose one could use about my silly blog crushes on top of pathetic and sad?

cornfed...no doubt! my dog is incredibly handsome! what dog wouldn't have a crush on him ;D

Anonymous said...

Most bloggers (the best of the lot anyway) write how they really think and talk in real life so it's understandable to have a crush on the more intelligent-sounding ones. ;)