Wednesday, December 06, 2006

BW Forums Killing Me!

I was never really one to check the b-week forums but recently, due to lack of anything else to check on, I've read some of the posts and the anxiety that it gives me is unbelievable! I am trying not to go back. People take a chill pill! You have no control and knowing what someone else's stats and location is isn't going to get you that ever elusive inteview invite! Seriously, go for a run, a bike ride, a hike, watch a movie...do something! Just step away from the computer! Whooo...Now that I got that out of my system I feel much better. Good luck to all those still waiting...

8 comments:

asiangal said...

The quickest way any B-school applicant can go insane is by trawling through the Businessweek boards. I still have a whole lot of work to do with my applications with all my apps are going in R2, and I still can't stop reading the board. =O ... =)

MBA babe said...

omg i know exactly what you mean!!! it's awful - it does nothing but make me feel horrible about myself. but it's a mad addiction - sometimes i just keep the window up at work and continually refresh thoughout the day. ugh...

Juggler said...

those boards are an absolute waste of time

rungee582 said...

Agree completely... while I like the W S2S boards (and even those get annoying at times), I try not to touch the BW forum with a 10-foot pole. :)

Anonymous said...

The boards are very similar to watching TV. An utter waste of time...

Anonymous said...

I guess that subconsciously we all hope we're going to see something in there which indicates "reasonably I'll get an invite.. I'll get in" :-) I lost hope (totally) when reading CBS ED forums, but things were exactly the opposite... I think I'll stick to my old habits from now on (will I?)... gym.. running...etc :-) they're much better!

Rico's Mom said...

I'd just like to thank you all for letting me vent. After I wrote that last night, my friend took me to ice cream :-) So it wasn't the gym but I stepped away from the computer! I am staying far far away from those forums now! I just will continually cross my fingers because that does just about as much good for my acceptance as does checking the B-week forums!

StressTensor said...

The BW boards do give me hope that I might yet hear from Stanford and MIT. A little reassurance does not hurt but I agree that those boards are maddening most of the time.