Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What the heck?

What is going on with Stanford? Does anyone know how their review process goes? Do they give any updates on an applicant's status page? I suppose I could ask their adcom about it but I don't want to be the pestering type so I thought I'd ask here first.

I am having a phone conversation with a UMich (Ross) alum this week. He is a local guy. I'm looking forward to getting a feel of Ross' alumni. I've decided that out of all the schools I want to go to I am assured a great education at all of them. The most important part is whether or not I can see myself working as a team with the students at a particular school. I guess I'm trying to judge that ever elusive "fit" with a particular school.

My current job has extended my stay through January. By then I'll at least know about Stanford and Yale. If I'm lucky and I'm admitted to one of those then I may just play around until school starts. Maybe Mexico, back to Chile, or possibly Central America. I've always wanted to hang out in Costa Rica. So now I'm dreaming a little but what is life without dreams??! Boring!

I've also finally gotten back on track with the running. I'm going on 4 days in a row with the running. My wonderful friend fixed up my road bike the other day so I can start riding to work now. Hopefully this will all be very helpful for my marathon in January. It really is nice feeling human again. I was running on adrenaline for so long. I actually had time to read last night! Ahhh life is good again :-)

2 comments:

Juggler said...

The Stanford status changes to "Your application is complete and is currently under review" or something to that effect.

I know this 'coz it's begun to happen to other bloggers and I myself I'm waiting for my status to change.

Cheers

rungee582 said...

Ahh... how much would I like to go to any of the places you mentioned?! If I get in somewhere, I'm taking some time this summer before school to travel around... I may be broke by the end of it, but it's so worth it!