Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stanford Update

So about 15 minutes after I posted my last post I got an email from Stanford saying that my transcripts were missing! I uploaded them per their instructions though! I nearly had a heart attack. I left work in a whirlwind, ran home, found my unofficial transcript and faxed it over immediately with a letter of apology. I have no idea what happened there but now I'm so upset about it. Stanford has so many competitive applications to look at and now mine is going to be less desirable because it looks like I don't know how to follow simple directions. I hope this happens frequently and I don't look like a complete moron. Stanford is my dream school and I pray to God this won't effect my candidacy. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed from now until mid January in hopes that I'm accepted. I wonder if that will help my candidacy?!

6 comments:

Juggler said...

Hey don't worry. This just sounds like a technical hitch and definitely does not make u look like a moron.

So Chill and Hope!

All the Best

Forrest Gump said...

really, dont worry about this. you will probably never know if this affects whatever result you get - so dont kill yourself on this. i am sure the adcom understand that these kind of things happen, so they shouldnt put a bad mark on your application.

Inblue said...

Dont panick ! It might be a non issue to adcomm. And you never know if this affects your apps. Forget the pool. Accidents happen !

Hobbes said...

dont worry! this kinda stuff happens all the time! They will surely not single out. All the best for it!

And congrats on the ross invite:)

StressTensor said...

Relax! They will not read too much into it. They know us engineers can upload transcripts as well as the next applicant.

Focus on Costa Rica!

Rico's Mom said...

Thanks everyone. I calmed down a bit. There's nothing I can do about it. I was just getting so down about it especially since I keep reading about all of these people already being invited to interviews at Harvard, Wharton, etc (event hough I didn't even apply to those schools...yet). This waiting game just sucks!