Thursday, April 24, 2008

So close to margaritas on the roof...

In about 6 hours I'll be completely done with my first year of business school. Hallelujah! Praise whomever you feel the need to! Well, I suppose that is only technically true if I actually pass all of my finals? But I will assume that is the case...at least I hope it is.

I have lots to say about my first year of business school but I'll reflect on that a little later while I'm not thinking about margaritas on the roof of the car barn (the not so cozy building that Georgetown currently houses it's MBA program in). Today it's margaritas on the roof and then some party out at a club tonight. I'm not so sure I'll be going out tonight. I'm not a night club kind of girl, plus I have to run at some point today (my marathon is just a little over a month away!!). Tomorrow it will be the last time my cohort (my 70 or so classmates that I've take almost all my classes with this past year)will be together. The social rep has planned a BBQ. I'll stop by for a bit. It should be a nice day. Right now it's beautiful. Makes it difficult to study for my last final.

Speaking of finals, I have come to the conclusion that finals are lame. Thank you thank you, but really there is no need to thank me for such astute insight ;-) This is my problem with finals, first of all we're on the module system so we're taking 5 finals 4 times a year, and just in case you didn't do so well on the quant section of the GMAT, that would be 20, yes TWENTY, finals to take over an 8 month period. And really, that's just lame. Plus, it's not as if we have to take final exams in the "real world" that they claim to be preparing us for, as if we have never been there before, but I digress. I think they should require final projects. That's my two cents. But since no one seems to care about what I think, probably rightfully so, I must get back to pretending to study for my last final exam of Year 1 in business school! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Congratulations on your blog!!!! i read it in one go, just so interesting to know the insights of applying to a MBA... I especially loved your last posts. Everybody seem always so happy about their MBA courses it actually seemed to me impossible... Well, all these blogs give me a great overview of what it's to be a MBA applicant...it's going to be tough!!!

Enjoy your holidays!!!