Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New Internship...Time Off? To Float or Not to Float?

As I was just trying to organize my calendar for the summer it occurred to me that less than two weeks into my internship I need to ask for a day off! How do I go about doing that? I'm running a marathon out of town and will be traveling the Friday before the marathon. I could probably get away with working a half day that Friday? Do I contact the intern manager now or do I wait until I start? Hmmm??

In other news it seems its getting more and more difficult to focus on school knowing that I have less than two weeks of classes left, then exams, then I get to go back to California! Woohoo! Give me sun and fun! I have a little less than 3 weeks to enjoy of no responsibility before I start the internship. I am sooo looking forward to that! I'm trying to figure out what kind of vacation I can talk the BF into during that time? I was thinking the Grand Canyon, a hiking/camping trip. Or maybe Alaska?! Or road trip north through Oregon and Washington for some cycling, hiking, camping?? So many choices ;-)

Do you see how difficult it is to concentrate on To Float or Not to Float the Chinese Renminbi? Which by the way was supposed to be read for yesterday's lecture...oops! And off to class I go...

1 comment:

HairTwirler said...

I did have some luck- I got an interview (happened yesterday) from the career fair after the microfinance career panel! I also got a call from a different FINCA department that I am speaking with today.
Happy hour... YES!