Wednesday, May 31, 2006

GMAT Prep Course

Last night was my first class for the GMAT review. I liked the instructor. She was really upbeat and entertaining. THere are only 6 people total in the course. These courses are so damn expensive! I ended up signing up for Princeton because it was $150 cheaper than Kaplan and I couldn't find anyone that could tell me the price difference was justified. So Princeton it is. I've actually taken the GMAT before but without regimented studying, and my score reflected that! I'm hoping to score at least a 720 but would like a 750. I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Right now I'm only working part time so I can concentrate on the application process. However, I think that may end up hurting me in the long run? I'm not sure how b-schools are going to react to this? I'm hoping it works in my favor but who knows?

This past weekend I met a guy who went to Sloan. He has a mechanical engineering background too. He really liked it. He also told me about some of his classmates that did a three year program at Sloan with the Kennedy School at Harvard? He said it was a public policy program with the business program? I have to do some more research. I signed up for an info session at Stanford this Friday. I'm going to look into signing up for an info session at Haas too but I'm not so sure I'm all that interested in Haas? Veremos!

No comments: