Saturday, October 21, 2006

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Time is of the essence in my life right now. Not only is the Stanford application due in just a couple of days but the election is just a measly 2 weeks away. I haven't slept in weeks. Working really late hours (until 10pm!) and on weekends. I am nervous about my Stanford application since I've been so busy with work and the campaign. But I am determined to hit submit before the 1st round deadline. I refuse to hold off until 2nd round. I'm actually having lunch with a current GSB student next week. I'm looking forward to that. Maybe they'll have some words of wisdom for me.

All of this stress has made me gain 5 pounds! I'm not happy about that at all! I've only been running roughly 3 days a week. That's not good. I feel slow and sluggish. It's just that I can't seem to get up early enough to get out for my run because I'm getting to bed so late. I figure after Nov. 7th life will get back to normal. Regardless, I did find time to do a quick half marathon a week or so ago and I managed to kick my best friend's a$$ by 12 minutes! Neither of us trained for the run but he has been stagnant the past two months so he was totally unprepared. But that didn't stop him from talking smack weeks before the run and saying how he was still going to kick my butt. Ahh...victory is so sweet, but a 12 minute victory is heaven! I'll be holding this over his head until our marathon in January when I suspect he'll probably kick my butt. But that won't stop me from talking smack up until that day :-) Beating him so badly did a little job on that fragile male ego of his so this time around he is inspired to get off his booty and start training. At least I know I got him back on the horse and that was my intention.

OK I am procrastinating. I've read and reread my Stanford essays so many times they are making me dizzy.

Good luck to everyone!

2 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

good luck with your stanford app. i hope all will go well.

Anonymous said...

BOL! :)